Group and Main topics
NSF supported Doctoral student, Nikita Agarwal (PhD May 2011). Collaborators include: Peter Ashwin (Exeter, UK),
Manuela Aguiar (Porto), Ana Dias (Porto); members of CICADA (Manchester,UK).
Dynamics, structural and combinatorial properties of networks of
coupled dynamical systems with a view to applications
in engineering. STDP, adaptive networks and visualization schemes for network dynamics.
Research supported by NSF Grants DMS-0600927, DMS-0806321 and (current) DMS-1265253
Recent preprints and publications
- M Aguiar, P Ashwin, A Dias, and M J Field,
Dynamics of coupled cell systems: synchrony, heteroclinic cycles and inflation.Journal of Nonlinear Science,
21(2) (2011), 271-323. (preprint 2010, version of August, 2010).
- N Agarwal and M J Field, Dynamical equivalence of networks of coupled dynamical systems I: Asymmetric inputs,
preprint 2009, Nonlinearity 23 (2010), 1245-1268.
- N Agarwal and M J Field,
Dynamical equivalence of networks of coupled dynamical systems II: general case,
preprint 2009, Nonlinearity, 23 (2010), 1269-1289.
- N Agarwal,
Inflation of strongly connected networks, Camb Phil Soc, 150 (2011). 367-384.
- M J Field, Notes on Networks and Dynamics. In preparation.
- M J Field, Asynchronous Networks. In preparation.
- M J Field, Heteroclinic phenomena in networks: I, hybrid networks; II large adaptive networks, in preparation.