Daniel Rayor Hast
I am a G. C. Evans Instructor in the Department of Mathematics at Rice University. I am broadly interested in arithmetic algebraic geometry, Diophantine geometry, and arithmetic statistics. Currently, my main area of research is in rational points on higher genus curves.
- Rational points and unipotent fundamental groups (Ph.D. thesis, June 2018).
- Jordan S. Ellenberg and Daniel Rayor Hast, Rational points on solvable curves over Q via non-abelian Chabauty (submitted).
- Daniel Rayor Hast and Vlad Matei, Higher moments of arithmetic functions in short intervals: a geometric perspective, in International Mathematics Research Notices (2018).
- Fall 2018: Math 102 (Calculus 2) and Math 365 (Number Theory)
- See my teaching page for earlier courses.
- Herman Brown Hall 426
- Mailing address:
Math Department -- MS 136
P.O. Box 1892
Houston, TX 77251-1892