I am an RTG Lovett Instructor in the Department of Mathematics at Rice University, mentored by Professor Jo Nelson. Statement on collegiality, respect, and sensitivity.
My interests are in symplectic and contact geometry and interactions with low-dimensional topology and dynamics. Specifically, I use embedded contact homology to understand Reeb dynamics on contact three-manifolds, with applications to dynamics on surfaces and four-dimensional symplectic embeddings. MSC 53, 57, and occasionally 37.
6/5/20: I spoke about Infinite staircases for Hirzebruch surfaces in the Symplectic Zoominar. This 20-minute Zoom talk can be viewed here; slides. The main theorem is now stronger than it was on 6/5/20.
5/1/20: I spoke about Embedded contact homology of prequantization bundles in the Western Hemisphere Virtual Symplectic Seminar with Jo Nelson. This Zoom talk can be viewed here; slides.
12/3/18: I spoke about my thesis work Mean action of periodic orbits of area-preserving annulus diffeomorphisms at the IAS. This talk can be viewed here.
- My CV.
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 408 Herman Brown Hall
Upcoming Conferences and Travel
Workshop on Classical and Quantum Aspects of Symplectic Topology, April 2020, Nantes, France.(Cancelled due to COVID-19.) Holomorphic curves and low-dimensional topology, June 2020, Dubrovnik, Croatia.(Cancelled due to COVID-19.)
- Conference in honor of Emmanuel Giroux, June-July 2021, Paris, France.
You may have met me recently at...
- Joint Mathematics Meetings, January 2020, Denver, CO, in the AMS-AWM Special Sessions on Women in Symplectic and Contact Geometry and Women in Topology.
- Women in Symplectic and Contact Geometry and Topology workshop, July 2019, Providence, RI, in Project 9: Symmetry and moment maps in symplectic geometry and topology
- Current Trends in Symplectic Topology summer school, July 2019, Montreal, QC, Canada.